Giving To a Person With Special Needs


Can I use the WillMaker will to provide for a love one with special needs?


Do not use the WillMaker will to leave money or property directly to a person with special needs. The management provided under WillMaker does not sufficiently provide for special needs, and it does not protect eligibility for government benefits.

However, you can use your WillMaker will to leave money or property to a special needs trust. If you name the special needs trust as a beneficiary of your will, the money will go into the trust rather than directly to person with special needs. This will help your loved one remain eligible for government benefits and will provide property management tailored to your loved one's needs.

To learn more about special needs trusts: